Custom Air Purification Systems – Custom Plenum Assemblies
All of the Series 1000 air purification systems are designed and manufactured to meet the customers specific application. The CosaTron Series 1000 units are custom designed for easy installation and fit within new or existing air-handling plenums. The Basic model 1100 includes custom framing, the grid assemblies, bleed resistor and power generator.
The grids are sized to fit within a support framing package, between the filter and the cooling coils. The UL-Listed Power Generator can be conveniently located in, on, or near the outside of the plenum. A choice of custom plenum designs and options are also available with customized grid layout and generator. All models are shipped disassembled for field installation and assembly in the existing plenum or in one supplied by others. Fully integrated and tested components are delivered from the factory.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
For Building Owners & Managers
- Reduces initial capital investment for equipment on both new an retrofit buildings
- No negative side effects for building occupants
- Improves health and comfort of occupants
- Improves worker performance and reduces absenteeism
- Reliable Operation
- Enhances effectiveness of any filter type
- Reduces operating costs
- Leaves facility cleaner by reducing plating and deposition
- Quiet operation
- Easy to maintain
For Consulting Engineers
- Controls the contaminants and increases the size of particulate matter
- Simple to specify
- Modular design enables scalable production to meet a variety of designs
- Works in new construction and retrofit designs
- Reduces outside air requirements
- The only technology with no negative side effects
- Does not produce ozone or ionize the air
- Decreases levels of carbon dioxide in conditioned space
- Removes over 1000 types of VOCs
- Helps control healthcare associated infections
- Reduces plating and deposition
- Quiet Operation
- Legacy of proven results since 1958
- State of the art manufacturing, made in the USA
- 33,000 installations in operation, in 18 countries
For Contractors & Facility Managers
- Flexible manufacturing capabilities
- Easy to install
- No moving parts
- Reduced installation expenses
- Easy to replace filters
- Reduced warranty and post installation service
- 5 year warranty
Optional Accessories Include:
Remote Indicator Lamp Unit : Allows operator to observe ON/OFF condition of the HV and HF generator outputs from a remote location. Also available with dirty filter lamp when used in conjunction with a differential pressure switch.
Grid Sensor Unit : Provides a sensor unit, which is mounted inside the plenum attached to the HF/HV grids. Also provides a test port, external to the air unit, which provides low voltage output compatible with the CosaTron Digital Test Kit.
Remote Coupler Unit : Provides the dry contacts to a remote operating panel to observe the ON/OFF condition of the HV and HF generator outputs.
Differential Pressure Switch : Indicates filter pressure drop condition by switching contact state at preset differential pressure. Available with dirty filter indicator lamp.
Safety Door Switch Assembly : Interrupts power to the generator whenever the plenum access door is opened. Included with the Series 1000. Order additional assemblies for all access doors within the vicinity of the grids.
- High Voltage Output - 25,000
- High Frequency Output - 650 RMS VAC nominal
- Input Voltage - Factory wired for with 110/120 v, or 220/240 VAC; 50/60 Hz, single phase, 2 amp, 3 wire
- Input Power - Maximum 50 watts required
Distance from Grid Assembly - Maximum 9' wire length from the first grid attachment point.
Maximum Plenum Cross Section for CU-650 is 96 square feet per generator. Order additional generators if more than 96 square feet.
Cabinet Dimensions - 4 1/2" D x 8" W x 18" H
Power Generator is NOT waterproof or weatherproof. It must be inside a building or inside a host plenum.
High Voltage Grid Specs
High Voltage GridsMaximum Face Velocity - 850 FPM (4.3 MPS) Pressure Drop - 0.05" W.G. @ 850 FPM,/br> Dry Bulb Temperature:
- Minimum - 50 F
- Maximum - 150 F
HV grids must have a minimum of 3" clearance and HF grids must have a minimum of 1" from any grounded object or material within.
Do not install CosaTron immediately downstream of cooling coils. Air at saturation can condense on the grid or insulator surfaces causing shorts.
- When grid sets are installed in separate plenums, one power generator is required for each plenum.
- For proper sizing of grid assemblies and custom plenums, consult your local CosaTron Distributor.
- For optimum control of contaminants and odors, the conditioned (occupied) space should be maintained below a 60% RH and between 60-80 degrees F ( Dry bulb)
- Construction is of galvanized steel ( 18 gauge minimum)
- Left hand hinged access door is standard
- All plenums 72" (183 cm) and wider have two access doors and two plenum safety door switches
- The plenums are single wall and are not insulated, weatherproof or waterproof. They must be inside a building or inside a host plenum.
- When grids are installed in separate plenums, you must install one power generator per plenum.