The Series 2000 modular plenum units are standard modular package versions of the patented CosaTron System, designed to easily adapt to standard air handling systems up to 40 tons during initial construction or retrofit.
Available in two models to fit any design need:
Model 2120 ( up to 10 tons) is the low profile version, available in either 16″ or 20″ heights by up to 60″ wide.
It is designed for easy installation above most lay in ceilings. It can be installed in conjunction with the air handling unit, fan terminal unit, heat pump, small cabinet fan, fan coil unit or in the duct.
Model 2220 (up to 40 tons) is available in standard plenum sizes of 24″, 36″ or 48″ high and up to 96″ wide. It is designed to match up to our Model 1400 filter plenum, or with filter plenum sections manufactured by others.
Perfect for new installations in buildings such as manufacturing clean rooms, conference and meeting rooms, lounges, cafeterias, medical labs, offices, restaurants and waiting rooms.
Consists of a UL Approved Power Generator, standard grid assembly mounted in a support frame, bleed resistor, access door, safety door and 4″ filter track.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
For Building Owners & Managers
- Reduced initial capital investment
- Reliable operation
- Enhances effectiveness of filters in AHUs
- Reduces operating costs
- Leaves facility cleaner
- Quiet operation
- Easy to maintain
For Consulting Engineers
- Simple to specify
- For use in any application or building type
- Proven to make the particulates larger, so they can be more efficiently removed
- Easily integrates into standard size plenums
- Quiet Operation
- No moving parts
- Legacy of proven results since 1958
- Made in the USA
- State of the art manufacturing
- Flexible manufacturing capabilities
- Easy to install
- Works with standard filter sizes and common brands
- Reduced installation expenses
- Easy to replace filters
- Reduced warranty and post installation service
- 5 year warranty
Model 2220 consists of a complete modular plenum assembly also available in a variety of widths up to 96"; in 12" increments and heights of 24", 36" and 48".
Optional Accessories Include:
Model 1400 Filter Plenum : Consists of complete custom filter assembly which includes Safety Door Switches, Access door, 2" pre-filter track, and final filter track. Can be configured for multiple airway lengths.
Remote Indicator Lamp Unit : Allows operator to observe ON/OFF condition of the HV and HF generator outputs from a remote location. Also available with dirty filter lamp when used in conjunction with a differential pressure switch.
Grid Sensor Unit : Provides a sensor unit, which is mounted inside the plenum attached to the HF/HV grids. Also provides a test port, external to the air unit, which provides low voltage output compatible with the CosaTron Digital Test Kit.
Remote Coupler Unit : Provides the dry contacts to a remote operating panel to observe the ON/OFF condition of the HV and HF generator outputs.
Differential Pressure Switch : Indicates filter pressure drop condition by switching contact state at preset differential pressure. Available with dirty filter indicator lamp.
Safety Door Switch Assembly : Interrupts power to the generator whenever the plenum access door is opened. Included with the Series 1000. Order additional assemblies for all access doors within the vicinity of the grids.
- Power Generator: CU-650
- High Voltage Output - 25,000
- High Frequency Output - 650 RMS VAC nominal
- Input Voltage - Factory wired for with 110/120 v, or 220/240 VAC; 50/60 Hz, single phase, 2 amp, 3 wire
- Input Power - Maximum 50 watts required
Distance from Grid Assembly - Maximum 9' wire length from the first grid attachment point.
Maximum Plenum Cross Section for CU-650 is 96 square feet per generator. Order additional generators if more than 96 square feet.
Cabinet Dimensions - 4 1/2" D x 8" W x 18" H
Power Generator is NOT waterproof or weatherproof. It must be inside a building or inside a host plenum.
Maximum Face Velocity - 850 FPM ( 4.3 MPS)
Pressure Drop - 0.05" W.G. @ 850 FPM
Dry Bulb Temperature
- Minimum - 50 F
- Maximum - 150 F
Relative Humidity - Must be below saturation. Over 85% RH requires electrical connection treatment.
Grid Size ( Maximum ) 48" x 48" each
- Construction is of galvanized steel ( 18 gauge minimum)
- Standard configuration is left hand access with the Power Generator door mounted. For right hand access, notify the factory at the time of order.
- Additional access doors and safety switches can be ordered.
- The Power Generator is factory wired.
- Equipped to accommodate up to 4" filter media. Does not include filters.